The show must go on, but it can’t without the namesake of the world renowned “Bronco Bob’s Wild West Extravaganza.” Bronco Bob may be gone, but no one is missing him. The unpopular owner of the biggest show in town was much better at pleasing his fans than his employees.
Could one of his own cast members have decided it was time for Bronco to take his final bow? Maybe the diva in distress, Penelope Pureheart, wanted to see her name in lights? Or perhaps the hypnotic Professor Harry A. Pitts decided to make Bronco magically disappear? Surely the love-sick star of the show, Annie Oaktree, didn’t get trigger happy? Is it possible Smitty, the stagehand, stable hand, and understudy, is smarter than he seems? Hang on to your popcorn and peanuts, cause you’re in for a hilarious Wild West Show like you’ve never seen before!
What is the dress code?
We encourage a ‘business casual’ attire for our theater guests. Many folks are celebrating very special occasions and we prefer to maintain that atmosphere. We do not recommend shorts, baseball caps, beachwear, or pajamas. Please dress for a special night out.
How does seating work?
Is it assigned seating?
Yes! To ensure that all parties stay together, we do assign seating. Parties of 8 or less may be seated with other parties of 3 or less as you work together as a team to solve the mystery! Parties of 8-10 will be assigned a table for only their party. If your party exceeds 10 guests, you will be split into several tables that are next to each other.
What if we want to sit together, but purchase tickets separately?
Not a problem. Simply come up with a group name for everyone in your party to reference when purchasing tickets (i.e. “Suzie’s Birthday Party”). If you purchase tickets over the phone, let our box office know the name of the party. If purchasing online, once you have selected the date, the next page will be a billing address page. On that page will be a box entitled “Company Name.” Type your party name in that box, and we will be sure to add you to your requested party.
Can we reserve a table for a party?
No, seats are not guaranteed until tickets are purchased.
Where is the stage?
You’re sitting on it! We are not a traditional theater, so there isn’t a stage. Your table is right in the middle of the action with the show happening in and around all of the tables where guests are seated. We like to call this unique experience, “Theater in the Crowd.”
What is inclement weather policy?
Our ticket purchase policy is ALL SALES FINAL, and the purchaser assumes responsibility upon agreement to our terms and conditions during purchase. Inclement weather conditions only dictate a refund upon full cancellation of one particular performance by the Texas Star Dinner Theater. Otherwise, we are unable to issue any refunds, transfers, or exchanges.
Can I bring my children?
If you were to ask for a rating, we’d give it a PG-12.
Younger children are welcomed to our Lone Star Murder Mystery Dinner Theater at the parents’ discretion. However, we strongly discourage a child younger than 5 years old due to the nature of the performance style.
While the wild west dinner theater show is hilariously funny and the content is family friendly, our productions are not necessarily geared to a young audience. The show is 90 minutes and most young children may not be able or willing to sit through a 90-minute production. There is no offensive language. There is no blatant or overly sexual behavior; however, there may be use of light-hearted innuendo and/or double entendre with certain characters.
Toddlers, babies and small children rarely appreciate live theater. Please hire a baby sitter or send them to Aunt Martha’s!
***Disruptive toddlers, babies and small children will be asked to leave with parents.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED IF YOU ARE ASKED TO LEAVE DUE TO DISRUPTIVE WEE ONES.
Do I need to make reservations?
Because this production is so popular in our area, the critically-acclaimed award-winning Lone Star Murder Mystery Dinner Theater at Occasions at Stone River often has a full house!
Will I be asked to perform?
Don’t worry! Though our productions are interactive and audience participation is possible, our dinner theater guests will not be asked or required to “act” in any production.
It is OUR job as the professionals to entertain you, our guests. All you have to do is to partake of the bountiful food, relax, and enjoy the show!
What do people say about the show?
- “Great Entertainment Value!”
- You guys are FABULOUS
- It was Awesome – Had a great 50th Birthday – Thanks Guys
- It’s one of the best shows I’ve ever seen
- Keep it going! We’re coming back
- Most fun I’ve had in a very long time!! Great Acting! 🙂
- Continue to enjoy your work. Your passion shows your joy, brings joy to others. Thank you
- Don’t change a thing! What a great show! So much fun! great entertainment for dollar value!
- This was excellent!!!! Enjoyed immensely!
- Actors were hysterical and very real in character
- Most enjoyable evening. All a pleasure. Enjoyed the audience interaction and intersection of modern, contemporary material
- Already making plans to bring the entire family next time!
- We had such a great time! This was such a great way to end our conference. We are bringing more teachers to the conference next year and will make sure to come back. School Marmes will return again!
- My first show has been a great experience. Good audience participation.
- Did internet search for things to do in DFW, and found you! THANKS!!
- We had fun! Very entertaining. Would HIGHLY recommend or come back again. THANKS!
- Cast very engaging, great fun, great food!